Monday, July 20, 2009

Nine clips of some seriously "Funny People"

Not a whole lot of time this morning, since I worked last night and have to be right back this morning, but I would be remiss if I didn't offer kudos to Tina Mabry.

Mabry's "Mississippi Damned," while more than a little hard to watch because of the family and life issues it deals with, was easily one of the best movies I had the pleasure of seeing at this year's Atlanta Film Festival 365. It's just an extremely compelling drama, and it features the best all-black cast I've seen since Darnell Martin's "Cadillac Records."

No word yet on when it might be hitting DVD, but it seems that over the weekend Mabry and her movie won the grand jury award for outstanding dramatic feature at Outfest. Huzzah!

And after that, all I've got is these nine clips from Judd Apatow's "Funny People," all courtesy of Collider. The movie, starring Adam Sandler, Seth Rogen, Leslie Mann, Eric Bana, Jonah Hill and many other "Funny People," is set to come July 31, and it's certainly on my must-see list. Enjoy, and have a perfectly passable Monday. Peace out.

















3 comments:

Chalupa said...

Ok, now I REALLY need to see Funny People

bigtumtums said...

Wow... I watched all of em... I like the first one saying "you shouldn't have lost all those pounds." Hahaha! Also about Grampa in hell.

Then Eric Bana's outrageous accent... oh! why does he have to have such a darn handsome face.

Thanks!

Reel Fanatic said...

Bana and Leslie Mann are gonna be great together, you can already tell ... I didn't realize until a couple of months ago that he used to be a standup comic in Australia